View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2243849)   #44
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_58
Ok im probably about to get slated but...

If they can find the money to improve facilities at Donington, (god knows they need it, been to watch MotoGP and BTCC, nightmare to get in and out) why couldnt they spend the money on Silverstone??!!

Also considering that Donington already host BTCC, MotoGP, BSB, does this mean they will get moved to other times or venues to suit?! Silverstone host (or did!)F1 and....
My standards may not be as high as Bernies, but I've visited Silverstone at least once a year for the LMS race, and been pleasantly suprised how much it's been improved. I also find there are plenty of good viewing spots.

The LMS was at Donington in 2005, I was pleased with this, but after viewing the event, it was clear those cars were not suitable for that track in it's current configeration, overtaking spots were very limited.

F1 may fair better seeing as they won't be lapping traffic, at least not in the numbers a prototype would against GT's, but still, I can't see the circuit being more suitable than Silverstone.

Last edited by JAG; 4 Jul 2008 at 13:04.