View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4102909)   #10
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i’m not familiar with the track conditions and tyre performance on this circuit to be able to even pretend to know the answer to that, not sure any of us are. i suspect the drivers and team won’t know till after quali but 1.45 looks a bit too quick, doesn’t it?

it’s got to be an interesting one to prepare for - the risk for drivers who don’t know every bump and crease in the circuit is high, but you need them to find a steady race pace. i wonder if the full/empty difference in handling is even greater here?

i’m most interested in how quick the dpis will be relative to the toyotas/glicks given how much more running and experience they have with this circuit.
I'm not talking about race pace, that may be influenced by lots of different and not always predictable factors, and I don't even think is a big matter of experience since in the past europen teams like rebellion have been faster than US teams in uncharted for them american tracks.
Maybe I'm oversimplifying but if a 2017 spec lmp2 with road derivated engine will prove to be quicker than a 2021 full bespoke hybrid prototype, it proves how failure LMH tech rules are if we focus on performances and costs... take a different point of view for the matter and imagine if 2022 spec f1 would be way more expensive but slower than japanese super formula cars...