View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2022, 17:07 (Ref:4102928)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
With the first couple practice sessions in for both series, DPi running around high 1:46 for the top time, LMH high 1:49 (Glick from FP1).

I think Dpi will qualify around 1:45, maybe high 1:44 if someone gets a great lap.

Usually I would say Toyota would find time to be a second clear of their rivals after qualifying, but they appear pretty far back based on fastest practice time over one lap. I don't think an LMH pole of 1:48, maybe 1:47 is out of the question. But I don't think Toyota's going to find 3-4 seconds at Sebring. We'll find out tonight. Having said all that, I'm sure Toyota will handle itself better in race conditions.

Tomorrow will be a nice, hot and sunny Florida spring day with no significant chance of rain until late in the race. Saturday should be more of the same. Track conditions should be pretty similar for both races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Just my opinion, but Hypercars are too slow.

This combined event is great for IMSA and the ACO to see how the Hypercars perform on the same track as current DPi's. IMSA has so much data on the current cars and once they start testing the perfomance of the GTP's they will have a pretty good idea on pace vs the current cars. I think it can only help when trying to put LMH and GTP in the same race together next year.

Also, RVDZ is fast and leads first practice for Caddy:

http://results.imsa.com/Results/22_2...actice%201.PDF

1:46.756 for Renger

1:49.498 for the fastest IMSA spec P2

EDIT: FP3 for the WEC just finished

1:49.261 to lead the way for Glick
1:49.745 for top WEC spec P2

FP3 results http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Res...actice%203.PDF

Last edited by joeb; 17 Mar 2022 at 17:26.