View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2024, 01:32 (Ref:4203476)   #362
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I would think that the offer was made more in hope than expectation. He's in his mid 60s now, and I would believe that he is already very well compensated at Red Bull, and although moving to work for Stroll may well be a challenge that would have been attraction for him a few years ago, does he really need the pressure of pretty well starting all over again; I wouldn't have thought so.

Based on what he said when the Horner stuff started, I think that Newey has a pretty good working relationship with Horner (he stated early on that he would quit if Horner was kicked out) and most of the team. And they give him certain freedoms that wouldn't necessarily be available under Stroll. But who knows; if Horner is moved out, I think that then it may affect his view on moving to a different team if he still wants to work in F1.

Echoes my thoughts 100%
As an aside I did read that Lee Stevenson, who was the chief mechanic to Max, has farewelled Red Bull after 18 years with RBR.... ahead of the Japanese Grand Prix. It suggested Lee worked with Max from day 1 when Max switched to RBR from STR in 2016.

To depart a team suddenly, between the Australian and Japanese rounds, does seem a little sudden after nearly two decades with the organisation. He posted on social media on Friday to simply say today is my last day, and thanks for the journey, or words to that effect.