Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3882114)   #130
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It was AF Corse + Aston + Proton-then-Manthey only for years and years so it'd just go status quo again. Unless AMR goes GTP but I don't think they still have the money even for tech frozen category.
Still would be too bad, I have enjoyed seeing BMW, Ford, and Porsche run these dual WEC/IMSA programs over the past couple seasons. To an lesser extent Corvette and even Ferrari since the Risi line ups at Daytona are pretty much made up of the AF Corse WEC driving squad.

Tells you a lot though if BMW and Ford leave WEC GTE but continue to run in IMSA GTLM beyond this year. They see value in that market and the future of the IMSA series, and maybe they trust the "BoP" better there. I think IMSA GTLM is going to be around through 2021 at least before a GTD-pro concept takes over. Even then there will be grandfathering I'm sure.

WEC has the hypercars coming which is awesome but since it is a proto/GT hyprid concept, it puts the future of GTE in question big time. A great time for GT3 to step in...at last.