View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3423387)   #1185
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Part of Nissan's ZEOD promo program included going beyond the tuner market.

Judging from ads they played prior to the race, they wanted to position Nissan as the forward-thinking, cutting-edge, tech leader among car companies, with ads aimed at the general audience/market.

I don't want to be negative, but I'd have to say the ZEOD was a colossal failure---there is simply nothing to be gained promotionally form all that was invested in the car.

Maybe the car will come back later in the season and do something at some smaller races, but a strong showing at Le Mans ---not in terms of placing but performing---would count a whole lot. Finishing a race at a track no one has heard of doesn't compare.

I'd say Nissan flushed its investment on the ZEOD.