View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2023, 22:29 (Ref:4141347)   #253
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering I've spent most of my life working on cars for a living, I guess my hands aren't too bad. A fair few battle scars, of course, mostly from arguments lost with drills, grinders and suchlike.

But just in the last few days a lump has appeared on the first knuckle of my index finger which is very painful. Now, I've had, on other knuckles, lumps known as ganglians, which are little fluid sacks that can press on a nerve. Usually, if you give these a sharp whack, they burst and dissipate pretty quickly. So, thinking this one could be one of those, I knocked shite out of it - which really hurt! But it doesn't seem to have gone down as a ganglian would, so maybe it's not one?

SWMBO reckons it could be an arthritic growth, but it seemed to appear too quickly for that, so who knows? All I know is it's painful if I bang it against anything, even lightly - so working on cars will be 'interesting' if it doesn't go away.