View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2017, 21:40 (Ref:3746824)   #14
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I seriously considered Riciardo because of the overtakes, but finally eliminated him for the mistake in qually.
Bottas made a great recovery drive (aided by a free lap due to one of the stupid safety car rules) but I put a major part of the initial accident down to him, so no.
Who else? Sympathy vote for Alonso? He may be driver of the race every race for all we know. But driving around with a moped engine in the back makes it impossible to tell.
Somebody voted for Vettel! He seems to have an increasingly serious issue with anger management. His sweary outbursts over the team radio are amusing, but deliberately driving into another car is beyond the pale. He was rising in my estimation but has now firmly sunk again.
Hamilton seemed to be a serious contender. Dominated qually. Dominated much of the race. Fell down the order solely due to some finger-trouble in the team. Should have won comfortably, even after having pulled out a lead and had it taken away by the safety car. But that's all predictable and this time there is a surprise person to consider.
Of course! The youngster that I was largely dismissing as an armco-bender who had been promoted out of his depth on the strength of Daddy's money. Stroll on! He might turn out to be good after all. DOTR is Lance Stroll.