View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1747390)   #140
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldgate
The nice thing with Henri's runway testing though, is a) it's real scale (with real downforce/speed/drag data; and b) has a real person in the car who can provide feedback (like the inlet between the headrests buffets the drivers head too much).

The Radical too never saw a wind-tunnel, but was pretty good out the box. I think Peter's quotes in relation to the Bentley were "it was 95% off the drawing board and then 98% once it had been in the tunnel".
Fair, and personally I think Pescarolos approach adds tremedously to the romance of his campaign. Equally, a talented designer without a wind tunnel is always going to be preferable to an amateur with one. That said, would the extra three percent (to take Peter E's comment about the Bentley) go a long way towards making Pescarolo even more like a works outfit (as McNish described them this year). Point remains, Pescarolo were closest to the Audis this time round, they would have been closer had they had more budget to test and experiment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieldgate
The dataset that was originally presented to the ACO was "skewed" because of a potential engine contract that might have happened
Now things get interesting - you can't just cast something like this out there and not expect me to rise to it! Go on - where are the bodies buried!!??