Thread: Tyre rules
View Single Post
Old 26 Aug 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3998098)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
given that they are both a supplier and a sponsor i imagine the financial relationship is quite a bit more complicated then one party paying another party.

overall though i would guess that if there was a charge, Pirelli would still take in far far less money then they spend on development and track side advertising and transactions dont always have to involve money.

i had read somewhere that Pirelli's spends 100mil a year on its F1 program...no way the teams are spending 10mil/y each on its tire supply but that doesn't mean they are not paying something.

putting a Pirelli logo as a quid pro quo on their car is a loss of revenue in that they cant charge and different sponsor for that space, i would imagine separate arrangements have to be made for tire use during promotional filming days or rookie tests, or subsidizing of transport costs, or even a nominal cash value is exchanged so the the tax man applies the tax rate on the fee rather than the barter value of the entire deal.

fact is F1/FOM contracts are kept secret so none of us know, but i do know aint nothing free in this world!