View Single Post
Old 9 Oct 2001, 11:02 (Ref:157952)   #22
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes folks,
I'd like to add my chorus of thanks.
I know I betrayed you all by racing abroad this year, and believe me I missed you all. Including Alan who's fame (infamy) is going global.
On that note, I'd like to apologise to the small Italian female pit-lane commentator at Misano, who collared me as I exited my smashed V6 and asked my what had happened in her best Italian. I doubt she will ever understand my retort of "Bring back Alan Hyde" as I stomped off to the Clerk of the Course...
You are a dedicated bunch and I am gobsmacked by the level of support I get whenever I am in a UK paddock.
To repay this, I will, as ever, let you know all my news first: And on this note, I'd like to let you know that at this time it looks 90% likely I will be out in the UK next year...
In the meantime, I know a few of you will be joining me at the Snetterton Charity day for a passenger ride in the V6, those of you who heard it fired up at the TOCA meets it attended with Mark Fish will know quite what an awesome experience that is likely to be...
I'd like to extend that invitation to Alan and Mr B&Q (who I hear may be there anyway and thus have no excuse...) because it would be good to see you both in the garage.
Cheers once again
RickP