View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2516126)   #20
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be pretentious if, say, the driver who came in 5th is waving to the crowd. But at club meetings there is, of course, no crowd to wave to pretentiously!!! Therefore all the waving must be directed to the wonderful marshals.

Interestingly I was chatting to a friend who went to watch the Grand Prix thingy in Copenhagen at the weekend with a view to doing it next year. Two things put him off the idea:

1. The lack of run-off, and the fact that 70% of the cars ended up damaged.
2. The dire standard of marshalling over there. I've heard the old story that British Marshals are the best in the world, and the more stories I hear the more it seems to be true. Sure, us adrenaline fuelled drivers massaging our egos might get cross with the Boys in Orange from time to time, but in the cold light of day there aren't many who could say they don't do a difficult job well...

They deserve far more than biscuits, fleeces and the odd wave from a driver if you ask me...

Edit: If waving doesn't feel right, stick your thumb in the air, and show it at every marshals post you can. I sometimes even applaud them, but twice now I've ended up with two wheels on the dirt because I wasn't paying enough attention!