View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2022, 16:35 (Ref:4116724)   #59
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, Action Express developed the current gen Cup car so they would be doing the work to build up the chassis. I would not be surprised to see them run the car for LM as well since CGR gets the WEC Caddy chassis
Thanks, I hace been under a rock apparently. I thought Action Exp was an outgrowth from Flis? So, owned by Jim France, and manager is Gary Nelson.... I'm not a Nascar person, more road racing. Grew up outskirts of Orlando. Dayrona 60 miles one way, Sebring 90 miles the other way. Been to and follow the Daytona stock car events. Have met France family socially a long time ago.

The names involved with this project from the Nascar world are blowing me away. I'm not surprised as Big Bill made sportscars part of the show when he built DIS, and he courted Le Mans/ACO for ages. Had Nascar in 'his' 24 at DIS and the ACO's 24 in France in 1976. Invited the Inalteras, the first GTP in 1977 to his 24, and catered several times to European teams to have them contest the Daytona 24.

So, this Garage 56 project has some mighty racing history and personel behind it, at least for a now displaced Floridian.