Thread: LM24 Le Mans movie 1971
View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2002, 11:42 (Ref:194834)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Better cast? Steve McQueen is in Le Mans!
Better cast?It had 917s in Le Mans!

Both films (and most other racing films) have the "love" interest who spends the whole film despairing about motor racing, with normally a few screams or tantrums thrown in!

Do you think Schmuacher's wife is like this?

I seem to vaguely remember a thread about motor racing films a couple of months ago.

The footage in Grand Prix and Le Mans is fantastic, both made by people who clearly cared about the project. Unlike driven. I went to see Driven at the cinema, in it's few week of realise. Luckily the three of us who went were the only people in the whole cinema otherwise we would have been thrown out. I don't think we were meant to laugh that much! We cheered every time a proper motor racing driver was on. Totally devoid of a decent plot, but also the most unrealistic motor racing movie of all time? It made Days of Thunder credible.