View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2487810)   #56
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 is owned by Renault, isn't it? So there you have your support race series for most circuits.

Your thoughts about Adelaide are looking good, I must say. They need to increase the runoff in the corner where Hakkinen had his freak accident back in the mid-90s when F1 raced there last time around.

With so many Finnish drivers signed in the series, a Finnish GP deserves to be included. And a 4th edition of the event known in the 90s as "Helsinki Thunder" shouldn't clash with FIA interests either, since this is a street race. Norbert Haug of Mercedes even was there every time as part of the Mercedes works team AMG that ran in DTM, ITC and GTs during the last event there so far, so he should know the right people.

From the things that have transpired through the press about Monaco, Prince Albert is apparently free to take his race to whichever series he wants.

Hockenheim has got a contract with Bernie for 2010. Nürburgring has got one for 2011 and maybe even longer, but only for every 2 years. So Lausitzring might indeed be a good location to fill in for 2010 until Hockenheim becomes available.

Montreal's Ile de Notre Dame circuit is now being operated by people from NASCAR, so there is no need for an FIA clearance there. The same goes for the Indy Road Circuit of Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The manufacturer-owned circuits should be in as well: Imola, A1-Ring, Fuji. Mugello would be an option if an additional event were needed to fill up the calendar.

Then, there are those tracks who are available, but might not want to lose FIA-sanctioned events, if they have them: Jerez, Ricardo Tormo, Magny-Cours, Portimao/Algarve, Zandvoort (who only have so much paddock space), maybe even Silverstone, who surely want to make a comeback next year. I'm not sure about Dubai, the home of the SpeedCar series.

Bernie surely knows whom of these to talk to to protect his piece of cake, so the manufacturers better watch out.

About Mexico City: I remember watching an A1GP race there when they ran the Peraltada without any chicanes. And yes, it must be equipped with a safer barrier all around for this series, just like it is common practise these days in oval racing.