View Single Post
Old 15 May 2019, 19:40 (Ref:3904023)   #40
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Which is exactly my point. Whereas I've seen many spectators bemoaning 40 minutes races and turning away.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Club racing is the equivalent of Sunday league football or club golf. I class myself as a 14 handicap golfer and a 24 handicap racing driver so why anyone would pay to watch me race is beyond me. That said, the big difference is that the cars are the stars and there is still good/ exciting racing to be seen, even if it isn’t the fastest or the most skilful. Fast isn’t necessarily good!

Circuits are expensive pieces of real estate to run but in most cases at club level, the club hiring the circuit has paid for the costs of running the event. It would certainly be interesting to see what happens if a circuit or two decided (and made it known) that events below BTCC/ British Superbikes or British GT level had free access and free parking for spectators, but tried to make money from programmes, concessions, food etc.