View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2014, 22:50 (Ref:3387230)   #3913
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
The Chinese don't show up to the GP's let alone sports cars. Bring the Sportcars back to Adelaide
Not true at all. https://twitter.com/sportscar365/sta...00853279158272

I'd like to see the full stats from every race but I know for a fact there were more people at the 6 Hours of Shanghai than the 6 Hours of CoTA and, from what I've heard, by a pretty handy margin. Shanghai International Circuit is so massive by square meters alone that the track looks cold, desolate, grey, and empty no matter if there's 28,000 or 280,000.

I don't see the FIA WEC doing a street circuit, unless it's FIA Grade 1 homologated. That's Monaco, Singapore, Montreal, Albert Park, and Sochi if I remember correctly. Adelaide is far too narrow and far too short of distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't know about Fuji in November or Shanghai in December, you can get some very cold winters in Japan and China.
Japan, yes, and the there is a threat of snow in November. But really I was thinking very early November, and snow is actually not that much more difficult to deal with than heavy rain.

As far as China, you must be thinking of Beijing, Harbin, and all of those cold, grey, industrial smokestack towns in the far north (Manchuria) and Inner Mongolia (around Ordos). Shanghai has a humid subtropical climate... snow in Shanghai is about as rare as snow in Miami. It happens, just not very often!