View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3387313)   #3918
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Do you have a problem with a middle eastern race? You think Bahrain is a boring track? Do you not like their culture? What is it thats bad about the place? That area is of huge interest to these car makers. You can be plenty sure of that! No, its not a perfect country, nor a highly popular area in terms of motorsport. Thing is that area needs this. Its new to them, and it needs to grow. And with western influence, things like motorsport, it will help this country and its neighbors move on to values people like to criticize the area for not adopting.
My brother has lived in Bahrain for 15 years and I have been there several times including to the first GP in 04. I enjoy the place very much. But having said that the circuit itself is a bit bland and I would think the Yas Marina circuit lends itself much more to an Endurance racing type event and could be made into a motorsport festival - an event run into the night there could have a great atmosphere.