View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2003, 00:10 (Ref:734710)   #16
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzza
[B]And the always well-informed Adam Ashmore is right: Mercedes no longer has Nick Heidfeld under its wings.

"I would not bet my own money on having myself in Formula 1 next year". That would be a shame, as Heidfeld is in my opinion one of the most talented drivers in the circus. And as Gt_R said above, if I were Ron Dennis I would kick the sleep-inducing and forever overrated David Coulthard (that I unkindly call "the Scottish Barrichello") out and bring Heidlfeld in!

Heidfeld to stay!
It’s a shame that Mercedes have let Heidfeld’s contract run out, but perhaps that will be a good thing for Nick as now he won’t have to worry about what Mercedes want in return from him. But I find it strange that they back him all the way into F1 then don’t do anything with him.

Nick going to Jordan will just be a sideways move on the grid as Sauber have not been competitive most of the season, and have usually only beaten Jordan and Minardi. There is a chance Nick could end up at Jaguar, as it appears they want a German driver, but he’d only be number two to mighty Mark.

Nick is a gifted driver who deserves to be on the grid, but fate appears to be against him now. Perhaps he can pick a ride up somewhere else…

As for HHF, he’s hanging up the racing gloves.

Last edited by f1manoz; 30 Sep 2003 at 00:11.