Thread: 2023 Rallying
View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4138802)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think the biggest loss was Citroen taking it's ball when they lost Ogier. Really could have done with them staying, but no, they decided to storm off
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Then after the ill fated 2017 WRCar, the PSA money & resources went towards the new Peugeot 9x8 Hypercar program. Can't say that's a bad decision; the WEC is a stronger series....
I think they realised that they'd built a car that was pretty much undriveable despite having spent a full year testing. It looked like they needed to throw it away and start again - I assume the budget wasn't there for that as like you say they were into the Peugeot hypercar project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk505 View Post
I always liked Rally Deutschland with the hinkelsteins. I don't reckon these will be part of the CER, though.
Rally Deutschland was a great event - the stages through the panzerplatte were great and the hillside stages through the vineyards were pretty iconic too. It'll be interesting to see what the CER route looks like but I suspect it'll be all new stages.