View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2000, 21:22 (Ref:13)   #13
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The guy's crazy....

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has said he is not to blame for the
British Grand Prix date change that has resulted in the race being hit by
bad weather.

Today’s practice session was disrupted by heavy rain and race organisers
have taken the decision to shut car parks for tomorrow’s qualifying
session after they became flooded, locking out thousands of ticket
holders in the process.

Ecclestone said: "People are probably pointing the finger at me. I get the blame for most things but I
don’t deserve the blame for this but I can’t go into why we are in April. It wasn’t anything to do with
me, I don’t want to be in this weather any more than anyone else."

"Silverstone have done what they normally do and not taken the weather into consideration. They
didn’t know it was going to rain. They should have prayed."

Ecclestone has been the focus of criticism because he influences the Formula 1 calendar. It’s never
been properly explained why Britain has had the date of its grand prix moved, although some believe
that Ecclestone’s dispute with Silverstone is to blame.

Team boss Ron Dennis defended Ecclestone saying he did not believe the timing of the race was
"malicious" "A legacy of choosing to host the Grand Prix at this time of the year is that it increases
the odds of bad weather," he said. "But it is completely unfair to criticise Silverstone for the
conditions. These are not tremendously adverse conditions for the English spring."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Source www.itv-f1.com

No Bernie, it's not your fault - Jesus H Christ! Who's fault do you think it is ?!