View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2003, 20:08 (Ref:779137)   #14
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quick Thoughts:

Any team that wanted to have the BEST chance of getting an automatic bid to Le Mans next year blew it by not entering and racing yesterday...

That filed was no stronger, and in some cases, waeaker, than most of the ALMS fields that ran this past season....

It was a one-shot race that would have awarded 3 bids per class if at least 9 entries would have been fielded in each category...

Based on what has been posted above (and confirmed by the ACO's site), not even the Big race in June granted automatic bids for all three on the podium....

Dyson should have had their 2nd car there....others in the 675 and GTS class should have entered as well....

They had everything to gain and nothing to lose....and only one Audi to beat if they were an LMP 900 car...where was Kondo??...Durango????....Promec????....The Bucknum Pilbeam????....Konrad Saleens?????.....The Pagoni Zonda????....

Everyone in the racing world knew what was at stake on Sunday from the day that this race was announced....

I enjoyed following the action yesterday, and thought it was a good race...

Lots of teams showed promise for next year...I especially like the Intersport Judd V-8...if they don't blow out a tire and lose many laps limping to the pits to fix it, that would have been a real race with the Courage JPX....

But a lot of buildrs and teams had a golden opportunity presented to them, but chose not to enter....

Makes zero sense to me...

One American Open Wheel Series!