View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2005, 05:55 (Ref:1255740)   #23
Electrocuted
Rookie

United States
Electrocuted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Just for fairness I will point out that the IRL does have some decent attendance at some non-Indy races.

Also, I really think KK was just trying to make things sound better when he talked about no losses. $50M from 2004 is pretty hard to make disappear.

The new TV package,
strong driver lineup,

seemingly increased sponsorship (seems to be improving, but not night and day yet), etc.
Solid post. And I accidently deleted part of yours,, so I'll say, if things start looking good half way through the season things should be allright for next year.

I'm glad you said "KK was making things sound better." It's way to easy to do the math,, it takes over $125,000,000.00 per year to put the 18 cars on track and run the series..... Sponsors, tv money, team owners pockets, series owners pockets, driver family money,,,,, it doesnt add up high enough to cover the costs yet. KK isnt making money, ever, on being a series and team owner. Whats the old saying about a small fortune in autoracing,,, start with a big one.

BTW, : INDY tickets and rooms are plentyfull any time . Wasn't the case a few years ago. ...

Come on,,, thats an old tired incorrect Robin "cant think of anything fresh" Miller half-truth. Indianopolis (how do ya spell that?) has doubled hotel rooms the past dozen years. The 500 out-of-towners has shrunk by 10's of thousands,, made up by the 400 and GP out-of-towners. The hotels now get 3 weekends of guests which much more then makes up for renting only 1 weekend per year. The City gets 3 times the tax money on rooms, restaurants, beer, gas, car rentals. Indy-polis buisness owners get 3 weekends of more income,, not just 1 weekend. Sounds like everyone makes more money???

Last edited by Electrocuted; 19 Mar 2005 at 06:04.