View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2022, 21:04 (Ref:4108169)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
is it the most 'artificial' thing they could do though?

putting aside what constitutes artificial, there is a certain logic, particularly under the budget cap and sustainability era, that requires relatively cheap solutions to be implemented..

of course cars could be completely rethought, new tracks built to suit them, and/or existing tracks to be reprofiled, widened, and repurposed just so F1 cars have room to maneuver.

or they could just use the flappy thing to reduce drag along the straights and allow physics to help move the show along.

its not ideal, its totally a band aid but at least its not a fix with a multi billion dollar price tag.

but the problem is deeper then that...because its a relatively cheap solution other forms of motorsports have and will continue to use it.

hate it or love it, at this point it's ubiquitous.