Old 27 Apr 2022, 15:49 (Ref:4108251)   #21
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's a good point. There is absolutely no need for tyre stops to be as insanely fast as they are these days. Limit the number of mechanics who can work on the car at a stop and the number of guns that can be used. I guess that would spoil 'the show' though.....

I kind of think that the number of staff needed are due to damage repair (from practice), and that since they are already there, they do pit stops with 20 people. If you reduce pit stops to 5 people, it doesn't change costs because you still need 20 pit crew members in case your driver crashes in practice and you have to repair the car (something 5 crew members can't do).

I would like slow pit stops though. Maybe just allow two guns per car rather than four. That alone would be enough for me.

Another option is to force teams to use all three tires available in a race (aside from rain races). That would require at least two pit stops per race. Also close the pits during VSC/SC periods + 1 lap.

Formula E uses P2P, Indycar uses P2P, it just frankly works! Drivers get 60 seconds of P2P per race (it can be done via DRS or Engine Tuning). We need some form of P2P due to overtaking becoming TOO difficult due to the fragile nature of the cars.