View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4108263)   #23
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
My drs thoughts:

- In Jeddah having a detection line immediately after the end of a drs zone meant if you passed the other guy, you were never really going to be far enough ahead that he wouldn't get drs the very next straight. So all initial drs passes were effectively nullified.
- In Imola we complained that race control waited too long to enable drs. And once it was activated we saw last year's champion-until-the-last-lap-miracle get stuck behind a williams and a alpha tauri. Granted I'm over simplifying things, but for a large part of the field drs made no impact to the finishing order. Maybe it brought people closer together going into the first chicane and we saw some looks, but few executions if you weren't red bull or charles on someone other than redbull. Bottas couldn't past a mercedes with 5-6 laps of drs.
- I enjoy watching a staunch defense as much as a good offense. I don't think we'll see better offense by removing drs as an option, but less offense.
- We should switch drs activation around. Instead of determining if you get it before a straight, it should be determined at the end of the straight. And you don't open your wing, your competitor's wing opens. That way they lose downforce through the twisty bits. That way we don't have to watch verstappen sail past someone on a straight, we watch someone sail off the track.