View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:46 (Ref:3336231)   #14
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Chip,
Yeah, we've kicked the idea of a forum at the compsystems.com.au web site and I think we might get that up and running over Xmas. It'll double as a Chassissim users forum as well I think.

Mick is one of the cleverest guys I've come across and his Marelli knowledge is very good. His focus is on the SRTE/MDU combo these days as this is the back bone of the motorbike world. We've got a little more knowledge on the DDU, mostly from our Ferrari experiences.

Getting back to your predicament, the CAN channels are in a sequence starting at 0X200 typically. In the SRTE config their is a section for dash display and when the support for the MDU/DDU/MT940 (take your pic) is enabled, then the SRTE can acquire channels from the dash as an expansion module. This is how we do the SBK systems. I'll PM you some screen shots as a guide.

They do still do 16 channel CAN expansion modules. When you buy it should come with a dedicated cll for that module. That's the idea behind the cll (Channel List Library), it creates a simple drag and drop method for making tables. Unfortunately, it relies on dealers to provide the correct files, which doesn't always happen.

Tristan, sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love to help you all but it's a bit hard from the diametrically opposite side of the world!

Cheers,