View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1126129)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panther To The Back Of The Pack!

Unbelievable!

Check this out! -

During post-qualifying inspection, both Panther cars were found in technical violation. The teams were fined, and their times were disqualified.

Indyracing.com reported a statement from the team:

“Panther Racing qualified for the Chevy 500 in race cars that had passed technical inspection o_n two occasions Friday -- prior to the first practice and again as the car was rolled o_nto the qualifying grid. Unfortunately, the same cars that passed the previous technical inspections did not pass the post-qualification technical inspection."

“We are disappointed in the result, but we are fully supportive of the IndyCar technical inspection staff, rules and rulings. It is Panther Racing’s belief that aggressive technical inspections and rules help keep the playing field even for all teams. We are confident that the rules are and will continue to be enforced equally across all teams."

“Panther Racing is committed to winning races in the IndyCar Series and it is our desire to do so with cars that fit within every rule and regulation of the IndyCar Series.”The Chevy 500 will air tomorrow o_n ABC at 12:30 p.m. (EDT).

They will be starting at the back of the pack. Incredible!

Last edited by GP Racer; 16 Oct 2004 at 19:14.

Danica Patrick