View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:07 (Ref:1335538)   #11
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We staggered in from Le Mans in the early hours of this morning, as an update....Jase got clipped by a car on the campsite on Sunday morning and has fractured a bone in the top of his foot.

He was pretty shaken up by it initially and managed two trips in an ambulance - but by the time the rest of us broke camp yesterday morning he was pretty upbeat and was even able to manage to do the washing up and help out a bit as the rest of us were struggling to get the stuff sorted before heading off to our respective ferries!

Unfortunately for various reason he had had to remain on the campsite for Sunday and Sunday night rather than getting to the hotel his insurers had arranged for him in Tours - it wasn't very pleasant for him in the near 40 degree heat of the campsite.

Having seen the x-ray it's a small clean fracture that will heal well. In the great way of a non NHS health service he has plaster from his toes to his knee and will no doubt be accepting autographs on it!

I'm not looking forward to the phone bill after spending most of Sunday persuading his insurers that he did need to be flown home and that he couldn't travel back in the back of my car. The woman at the insurers took forever to understand that it wasn't possible to get the car out of the campsite, let alone to just pop out of the circuit into Le Mans and back again to visit the hospital as the entire road network was gridlocked for a ten mile radius! Clearly a woman who's never been to a Silverstone GP!!

Anyway, I'm sure you'll hear more from him on his return. I'm off to wax lyrical about another fantastic Le Mans on the sportscar forum. The place really is fantastic and despite Jase's misfortune Simon and I had a fantastic time - I really don't have to words to describe how fab it was. If you've never been make sure you put it on the list for next year - you'll have a ball and (I suppose the inevitable pun) and cracking time!!