Thread: LM24 The New Stuff Thread
View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3189956)   #1
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
The New Stuff Thread

Following the 2012 thread, I wondered what folks may have acquired to make 2013 a better experience?

I'll kick off with the Cobb BBQ I got for Christmas, which can produce a roast chicken, with all the trimmings... It will be geting a LOT of use first, so I know what it can do!

I'm still unsure if I got a steal of a deal, or not, on the camera front though? Ssamyang 800mm mirror lens. The issue is, it's Manual focus, and VERY quick geared, so all too easy to change the focal point. As it's a fixed f8, this can be very narrow, and ultimately frustrating! I may invest in Gaffer Tape to slow it's gallop. Hopefully I can get some practice with it to confirm if it will work for head on shots... It's a bit physically short, and light, for such a long focal length, and it is NOT easy to use hand held!