Old 3 Dec 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3339699)   #3844
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Make COTA the last race of the season, turn it into a festival and make it an 18 hour race for double points, invite the P and GTE class from TUSCC to join in and let the PC and GT-AM have a support race in the morning, you almost guarantee that most titles will be decided there. you could run the race from 6pm on Saturday until midday on Sunday - give people a reason to bring their RV and camp for the weekend call it the Texan Le Mans or some other catchy brand. ALMS proved you can create a classic from scratch with PLM so why not do it again
I fully agree with this. The WEC is to thin with Le Mans being the only event carrying any weight on it's own. Since the WEC didn't manage to get any of the US classics I think they really need to create a couple of their own, 18 hours of COTA (or Road America) would be nice as would say 8 hours of Suzuka(or Fuji), Mil Milhas or something like a 12 hour race of Potrero.

Please note I don't think the race lenght is very important in it self but it's an easy and clear way of making the event stand out from the "gray mass" that's the calender ATM.