Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:19 (Ref:2087852)   #34
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 more thoughts

OK Gents (& Ladies)
2 more suggestions for poor race series

1. Interclub Rivalry/politics/ownership of championships - a couple of years ago (I don't know current situation) SEMSEC ran a single seater championship with just a handful of cars. BARC SE ran a single seater championship, similar rules , also with only a few cars. If the organisers had got together, they could have run a cracking series for the competitors. Should clubs go their separate ways, or should someone like the MSA 'encourage' them to work together - There are arguments for both - I don't know the answer - any suggestions.

2. Rules - How strict should rules be to maintain a successful series ? Too strict and you put people off, too lax, and you put people off. Myself I'm quite black and white, although for example - If the white square that your number goes in is 1/2" to short, I couldn't give a toss (technical term) , but if a car is running a carbon floor, and modified suspension pick up points etc when it specifically prohibits them in the rules, I have no sympathy if a driver gets chucked out, or moved to a different class. Those are probably both extremes, but can you happily live somewhere in the middle , and keep everyone happy ? Any Suggestions ?