View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2008, 01:21 (Ref:2286843)   #67
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
There's one thing about Autosport that I used to love back in the 1980s and that was the colour posters that used to be included. For some reason or other they almost never appear these days. I think they were [and still are] a fantastic opportunity for sponsors, much better than a page of advertising as they generally got pride of place on the walls of motor sport enthusiasts bedrooms and garages.

Bring the large colour poster inserts back !
Wow, you know I forgot about that and we commented about that in the historic form and a blog the other day.

As a kid, my whole room, including ceiling were full of posters. I'd say a good 1/3 to 1/2 were filled up with ones from Autosport. In fact, I use to go to the centre just to see what was there before I read the rest of the magazine.

Now I have a garage, I'd love to do the same to that (my bedroom is out of bounds for posters now!). I actually think thats one of the best ideas to come out of this thread