View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2022, 14:59 (Ref:4134627)   #579
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipR View Post
The issue with asphalt run offs - had there been gravel or a wall - Sainz might have been found at fault for squeezing Hamilton out with a dive bomb(ala Austria 2021) but since there is run-off and usually no damage will come of runnig wide or cutting corner - they are allowed to push someone wide. Comes down to inconsistency of what means to be outside the track
Indeed. I'm not 100% sure if there was not physically car width on the outside. I was very close. However to me it feels at 22s into the video it seemed Sainz steered a bit more straight then he could've and left Hamilton few other options. Just after that Sainz seemed to be able to steering more to the left and perhaps just leave enough room, but by that time Hamilton was already left no other trajectory than to go off track.

Quote:
Also who had the idea of that sausage curb at that corner? If one gets pushed wide by another driver, you risk big damage to your car with little fault to you
Indeed again. I understand why they would want to place a sausage kerb somewhere in that chicane but the current position indeed leaves the outside car zero options.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.