View Single Post
Old 4 May 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1906704)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
Why should I?

I understand why NASCAR might be a better investment NOW, but I'm looking slightly down-road.

IMHO NASCAR can't get any higher, it has no where to go but DOWN and as you have seen in other sports, they go up and down when the fans are not impressed by the management anymore.
Precisely - In Your Humble Opinion. Where are the facts to support it, seeing you're putting your views out there as fact?

(My emphasis)

Quote:
The trash-throwing fans at Talladega last week is a disgrace to Cup and motorsports in general. Suddenly its okay to be an arse-hole in the stands. Banding them from tickets sales is akin to screaming at your children for not taking out the trash.
I agree, I was there and they were way out of order.

Quote:
Why they make the connect between what they see on track and the Dodge name is beyond me. That's like saying we buy more Tide just because it was on the side of Ricky Rudd's car, are people REALLY that foolish?
If people want to see it as foolish then, yes, but it is what marketing is all about. The moment people start buying Dodge trucks or SUVs because a Viper is winning in ALMS (which hardly anyone has heard of, let alone watches) then they will put their marketing budget into that.

Quote:
I just believe for the betterment of the sport, somebody should stop being a Lemming and go their own direction.
Ah, the voice of an enthusiast, not someone in the marketing department.