View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2023, 21:57 (Ref:4164525)   #1423
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
Thanks to everyone here who advised me ahead of last weekend. Had a fantastic weekend. Indianapolis and Arnage in the middle of the night a particular highlight.
Travel destinations couldn't provide Friday tickets but we enjoyed a trip into town for the drivers parade.
Beauséjour was fine but next time I might try to find something quieter (especially on Sunday evening!) and/or nearer to the village. Hot water all weekend
We left early on Monday morning with no issues including the drive through Rouen.

Does anyone have any experience going to le mans by train? Just wondering about a greener way to attend next time.
Friends did train one year from Essex - brought tents and stuff on rucksacks but no catering stuff - think they arranged for private camp site minibuses to pick them up and drop them for last/first bit of journey. think the train route in from CDG is easier if coming from overseas as no need for transfer in Paris between stations.

If you were on TD site inside circuit between track bridge over the road and the main BSJ campsite entrance with mainly pre-erected tents and on-site catering then it should be relatively easy on a train.

If you're in the depths of BSJ public camping it can be a trek but I didn't think it was too bad a walk from BSJ roundabout to start line area through Karting gate or if its hot and/or karting gate corridor gets large queues on race day mornings go up the road under shade of trees to CIK gate at next roundabout (also avoids getting held up if support races coming on/off track jus north of active karting circuit). For us the new Porsche bridge was great and it seems the other track crossings further up the circuit were much worse this year.