View Single Post
Old 28 May 2016, 21:47 (Ref:3645269)   #50
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know. But even it such happened during the race, and at massive impact like at N24 today, I'm 99,9% certain they wouldn't red flag Le Mans during the race. WEC, ELMS, all those other series yes, but not LM. To my knowledge this is pretty much the only major race left in the world that won't be stopped no matter what happened - even if the regs state the possibility of such theoretically happening. It's just too much of a blow for historical reference where it's never happened, plus the crowds etc. So the race control would make them crawl around behind safety car for as long as "needed", but no red flag.

The only ways I could see it stopped mid-race would be declaration of war, nuclear strike, terrorist attack/hijack, asteroid impact, or hurricane. Possibly 1955 happening again as times have changed a bit.

Last edited by Deleted; 28 May 2016 at 21:54.