View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4112512)   #1
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
The FIA - what's occurring there?

So we have a thread about Liberty and (unless I've missed it) we don't seem to have one about the FIA and the machinations there - so here's my crack at getting one started.

The FIA seems to be an organisation that goes through pretty radical change with a new President - Mosley was clearly very different from Balestre and so was the organisation under his leadership, then Todt came along and there was more change (although not as dramatic as the changes brought in by Mosley). We now have Ben Sulayem and more change appears to be on the menu.

With today's announcement that former executive director Peter Bayer has gone it seems to me that this is another example of change in how the sporting side of the sport is run, at F1 level up till now but it now looks like across a wider plain.

So far we've had an F1 Race Director replaced by multiple RDs and a new structure with more people in it, now we have a person who played a part in developing that gone (and based on all the rumours etc, didn't choose to leave). So does that mean that "back to the future" is really a possibility or do we think that these have been first steps in making some significant changes in how the sport is run?