View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4159785)   #2848
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a day!

The fuel was the issue from yesterday, the car ran 100% today.
I did notice that the throttle pedal was out of normal position, the cable had slipped about 6mm so re-adjusted that for '110%' throttle!
I think it had been like that since the rolling road session...

So, 3 runs.
1st was a practice which went well, fuel thing sorted, gear change sorted , driver's head in gear, sorted! Everyone but the NORMA well behind me including the big Pilbeam.

Plan for the 2 timed runs was simple. Keep all the others behind me while trying to reduce the pace of the fabulous NORMA, oh my, what a car it is.

Only 40 years between the chassis ages. Learnt the drive does all the prep himself, maintains it all etc, so hats -off to him.

Second was to cut my personal best time of 31.58 which has stood for some time dueling with someone in the class years ago.

I knew where my weakness' were.

Coming into the bottom of the hill too hot, coming into the bottom Esse too slow, passing through the bottom and top esses too slow. Oh, and a gear change coming into the bottom esse.
Lots to go at....

It came together.

It all sorted itself out and on the first timed run came second (6 points) to the hot NORMA and on the second run 2nd again with a PB! (31.08)

The final run was best start, best speeds, best gear changes and best result.

I am please; the results, the 12 championship points, the car running so well and getting home in one piece.

Just so nice.

Next up is a midland meeting at my favorite hill, Loton Park close to Wales next weekend.
Just Mike and I in the class, such a different hill, long with lots of bends, non of a simple nature, I love it there and the BBC say the weather will be dry and warm, so must be right.
That will do.

Thus, I have met my tasks set out by MG David!

What a great little car this is.

https://youtu.be/jJg_7h4V9VU?t=5679

Last edited by 911thillclimber; 4 Jun 2023 at 18:15.