Thread: ELMS ELMS 2015 Discussion
View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3472505)   #23
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
If you look at a lot of tracks, especially the grade 1 ones, there's plenty of scope to accommodate the luxury and corporate demands. At Silverstone it's obvious that the Wing is massively underused at the WEC (and that's well before I can get started on the manifest number of things that Silverstone does wrong) and at Spa, while I've noticed Toyota have been using the suites above the old pits there's still a lot of open space out there that could be used.

Suspect it's unlikely to happen - simply down to the confusion of how many different classes etc there are, but at a track like Spa having a properly big grid like we had not too many years ago would be very much appreciated.
I don't think a combined round of WEC/ELMS is possible, because assuming WEC grows to 32 cars next year, and ELMS stays at 35-40, there would be around 70 cars on track. But we had 50 car grids at Spa before, so adding just the LMP2 class (and maybe GTE as well) from ELMS could work. While it seems unlikely to happen, I think it would be a good preparation for the many ELMS teams that run at Le Mans.