View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3786338)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We've went from "DPi is needed to fill out the grid" to "we have too many cars, ELMS is too healthy".

There are ways around these sort of problems. Auto-entries should come with an asterix saying if you earn more than 2, the others are at the discretion of the ACO. As much as I love Jota, we don't need 5 Jotas.

Similarly, do we really need 4 car teams? Does the 4th car really add anything? Is 3 Porsche, 3 Ford, 2 Corvette, 2-3 Ferrari not enough? (works cars that is, not including private). I know we're not really enjoying the lack of variety in LMP2, but I'd rather have a different team than literally another identical car.

Also, lets be honest here - the AsLMS entries are a bit silly. LMP2 sure, LMP3...maybe. But 2 GTE entries? I understand they're trying to bring cars to AsLMS, but then you risk penalising American and European teams in the hope of getting more Asian teams - the same teams that have moved to Blancpain. I think a discussion needs to happen on why Blancpain has been seen as a much better place to run than AsLMS in Asia.

If you took it down to 2-3 Jota, 3 Ford, 3 Porsche, and removed 1-2 AsLMS auto-entries, then you free up 5-7 slots. Limit private entries to 2, works entries to 3. Yes there issues surrounding what a private entry is (AF Corse), and there are problems with team names. But common sense sorts it. It does look like we're going to have too many good cars. But then if you're giving away entries like this, that was going to happen eventually.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 11 Dec 2017 at 18:14.