View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2020, 06:33 (Ref:3979910)   #23
Roninho
Racer

Roninho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaestro View Post
Hi - kind of a provocative title I know. I live in North Dakota and have been a F1 fan since 2014? or so.

I've always poo'pooed indy. I don't know why.

Tell me why I'm wrong? I live about 9 hours away from Road America, I love racing, single seat, MotoGP, Sprints, etc. I just never got into big American racing, Indy or Nascar.

Show me something cool. Show me a cool race. I don't *want* to see giant accidents, I don't want to see people being hurt. I want to see good driving.

*** Edit look, I know everyone things I'm messing with you all, but I'm not. I'm seriously interested in Indy, and trying to find a way to enjoy it.
If you want to get interested into Indycar there isnt something i can tell you that will get you instantly interested. Formula racing just isnt the type of sport that gets you hooked with 1 or 2 clips imo.

However if you sincerely want to try to get interested in Indycar then my advice is quite simple:
'Invest' an evening on the couch with a beer and an ipad, and visit the Indycar Youtube channel and watch the first 4 to 6 races of the 2019 season via the Fast Forward vids.

The channel has a serie called '2019 Fast Forward: Each race in 30 minutes'.
I like these videos because these are longer vids compared to your normal race highlights (30 minutes compard to 5 or 10 minutes), the FF serie gives a great way to see the highlight actions but also get to see the impact of race tactics and get to know most of the drivers. The normal highlights are simply to short for that.

It will take you 2 to 3 hours of watching the first 4 to 6 races and after that you will have a good understanding if you like the racing and you will also have a good understanding of who is in the series and might even start to get some interest in certain drivers.

A link to the FF playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j...2YYKdu-0OwcwpR