View Single Post
Old 10 Sep 2020, 18:41 (Ref:4001524)   #281
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
When I saw last night that Checo that it was a shame, he’s done a lot for the team and is a safe pair of hands. Of course it was unlikely they would move Stroll out

OTOH, Checo hasn’t exactly blown Lance away this season. Even allowing for his two races off, Perez has been a bit disappointing in terms of results. Stroll really seems to have raised his game now he has a car capable of regular points finishes and he’s now beaten Perez several times. It could be argued Hulk did a better job than Perez would have done.

Still it’s a massive shame for Perez and it is quite a gamble to bring in a driver who has been well out of form this season, even if he is a four time champion. Aston maybe feel they can get the best out of Vettel, which maybe Ferrari didn’t always do and maybe Vettel can be back to his best now he’s got a car capable of results again. But it’s a big risk to replace Perez who is very reliable, against Vettel, who’s mistakes have increased over recent years and at 33, is possibly over the hill

I just hope Perez finds a seat somewhere, even if I explained in the Indycar thread it would be good to see him give that a go
I suspect his dirty swerving and weaving wouldn’t go down well in USA...