View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2003, 13:17 (Ref:492862)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, good points. The thing that made "Drivel" unwatchable was the error-riddled racing scenes, and the outcry from the racing fraternity turned the general public away. A novel that had not been researched would be impossible to enjoy. However, a novel by Ron Dennis that would be factually perfect would bore the sox off most people. So you have to walk a fine line, perhaps.

My hero, Gilles deAngelis (yeah I know, Memo Moreno ) is a loner who alternates between being his teammate's best friend and hating his guts; the only sex involved in any of the stories is the fact that his mother is a tifosa who 'collects' Ferrari drivers -- he was fathered by one and his sister by a different one -- and in one of the stories his mother makes a play for his teammate. The one I'm working on now is his retirement story, where he's realising he has no life outside racing and he alternates between hanging on like grim death (and being jeered by the media) and doing a Nige and retiring every third race. The problem is I can't see my way to an ending yet.