View Single Post
Old 17 May 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3904402)   #5
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Remarkable story, talk about innovative engineering, thinking outside the box Colin Chapman style!
When they made the first bike they had a tiny workshop not on the ground floor (more like a flat) and had to use a lift to get all the stuff in and out or the stairs !
They moved to a bigger unit on an industrial estate that they then worked out of for about 30 years and then moved to the current premises but still in the same area.
Guy is such a good welder and is one of those people that some of the big named firms seek him out to work his magic on seemingly impossible jobs that their own workers have failed to sort out.
I did notice some early 1900s alloy engine blocks waiting for repairs and magnesium parts waiting to be welded.
John was repairing a part of an old Mercedes fuel injection system while I was there and always has an idea of how anything made of metal can be repaired or remanufactured
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !