View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2020, 16:28 (Ref:3968445)   #63
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think at this point - and even more so in the future - racing would be better off without manufacturer involvement. Because when you only have privateers, you suddenly can have more open regulations again, because no one has the megabucks to completely outdevelop their opposition and it comes once again down to just being smarter.

Really, I'd rather have three or four guys like Glickenhaus, who are really in it for their love of racing, at the front of the field at Le Mans than three or four manufacturers who just see it as a marketing exercise.
I totally agree. I also think Maeloch's analysis of the changing world is completely spot on. The passionate arguments here for a world that is different are heart-felt but pointless. The future of our sport is privateers, not manufacturers.