View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2020, 13:26 (Ref:3968216)   #2574
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I received some sad news last evening. A very good old friend died late on Tuesday night. Noone here (other than Bentley03, AllonFS or tonypowe knew him) but some will have heard me talk of my trips to Le Mans in years past with 'The Tourists'. Ian was the 'Chief Tourist' and I had known him for the best part of 40 years, originally in a professional capacity. He went down with cancer 4-5 years ago and sadly lost the battle on Tuesday. The only saving grace was that he died at home with his family. With everything else that's going on, I guess there will be no possibility of attending his funeral either....
I know the feeling. My brother-in-law is currently under the care of hospice, at the bitter end of his battle with cancer. I feel terrible that I cannot be there with my sister and my nephew, but they are all the way on the opposite coast, and they are sheltered in place. Besides the fact it wouldn't be a good idea to get a group of people together right now.

I do recall reading about the Tourists in your blog posts, and your friend Ian. I'm sorry for your loss.