Thread: V8ST - 2014
View Single Post
Old 11 Jan 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3352767)   #60
Dav1s
Rookie

Dav1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting some of the word about teams not having sufficent budget etc.

When did the last V8ST round finish, seemed not that long ago. There doesnt appear to be much time for everyone to sit down, regroup and raise more money etc. Just constant racing spread out all year to minimal crowds at Hampton Downs.

As a casual viewer, and ex sponsor of various car within Tier 1 NZ motorsport and V8ST i do feel saturated by the amount of V8ST happenings that I dont feel that excitement about the start of the season and such like I used too.

TRS sponsorship a few years back was excellent. Season got built up and hyped up, attended a pre season test. Had great hospitality and really felt part of a popular show!

V8ST we got treated to week in week out reports about Hampton Downs this, Hampton Downs that, and so called "Endurance" races that were over in the time it took you to finish your hotchips and over priced coffee.

I understand the series is still young, but i feel a little bit numb to it all now, and have heard so much talk, so little action in terms of whats happening to the show. Its certainly a case of over promise, under deliver.

Great concept, just needs a bit of fine tuning to turn it into a great class. Plus a little less bull$%^& and talk. (Wishful thinking)