Thread: Official Italian Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2023, 13:06 (Ref:4175812)   #67
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I agree with you to an extent. However, Verstappen hasn't been unchallenged this year. I think Monaco, Silverstone and Zandvoort qualifying were all examples of things being very difficult for Verstappen and he delivered every time.

However, I think arguably the DRS is a factor as well. In Jeddah, Australia, Baku, Miami, Silverstone, Spa, Monza, he had to make his way past slower cars to get to the front, always doing it with simple DRS passes down the straights, so again he is not really being challenged there because the DRS is way too powerful. It means it is easy for him to recover any kind of problem at the start or in qualifying. If it was more difficult to do that, perhaps Verstappen would make more mistakes, as we saw in Singapore last year.
I think that DRS is more than just a factor. It has been said that (somehow) DRS is far more effective on the Red Bull tan any other car which is another great advantage for Max.