View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2024, 08:44 (Ref:4194106)   #42
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Singapore GP in 2023 had a major focus on circular economy.

When it came to reducing carbon footprint, a whopping 85% of grid electricity consumption was carbon neutral; B7 biodiesel was used to power 48% of the Circuit Park; and a successful trial with energy-efficient LED lights meant all existing track lights were replaced with LED bulbs for 2023 – reducing energy usage from track lighting by around a third.

There were also continued communications via multiple touchpoints encouraging fans to take public transport, while a transition from printed tickets to digital e-tickets, as well as continued implementation of digital project management and reporting systems, significantly reduced the amount of paper and plastic waste.

The move towards a circular economy saw a ban on the sale of single-use plastic bottled still water, eliminating 160,000 used plastic bottles compared to 2019, with an increased number of water refill stations inside the Circuit Park encouraging fans to use their own water bottles.

Having collected used cooking oil from food and beverage operators to be converted to biodiesel since the 2011 running of the event, the 2022 weekend saw 2,100kg collected, equating to the reduction of more than 4,000kg of CO2 in emissions.